Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Highland’s Songs


                 A river, so graceful, flows down the hills of Karbi Anglong
                 And there, a beautiful lasso on her bath sings along-
                “Like a dove I’ll fly to the highest of heaven’s garden
                 Where I’ll sing the song of a lovely Karbi maiden;
                 Serdihun, her name, she enchanted the gods to dance to her song!
                 I am not though like her, a holy solitary monk,
                 Yet I come from the same land and my hills hold the beauty
                Of the thousand true loves that breath life’s youthful spring.
                 Like a dove I’ll fly to the highest of heaven’s garden
                Where I’ll sing the song of a lovely Karbi maiden…”

               The waterfall of the great Karbi hills with clouds of mists,
               The cold breeze of the lonely woods haunted by a handsome voice;
                The trees sing, the earth sings and the sky does sing,
                But this haunting voice whispers a song in sadness, never to sink!
                He sings- “ O Mirdan! Let me tell you my heart’s poetry,
                O Mirdan! My tongue could utter not, for fear never let it free.
                 You are my heart’s queen; your beauty has washed away my sin,
                 You cleaned my soul and this love for you I cannot imagine.
                  But, O Mirdan, you never looked back and let me die in sadness,
                 And now my soul, uncared, wanders and roams in loneliness.”

            T’is me, the watcher of the clouds, I hear them sing,
            In Captivation still, in awe, am I dreaming in dreams?
           In thoughts of mine, voices echo still,
           Not yet calmed, I can sense a feel
           For my throbbing heart in excitement, I cannot make it still!
          It’s the call from the lords of the hills
          Where in rupture nature calls the highland souls and sings
         To follow Him, and there He stands, the musician of the golden hills!

               
               

3 comments:

  1. its beautiful pori...keep it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very beautiful pori...its d first time im visiting ur page but i loved reading this...i wud luv2visit it again n again to savour such beautiful lines as the ones i hv just read...well done..keep it up

    ReplyDelete