Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The fairy of the night hills

The fairy of the night hills

I never imagined that I’ll be walking all alone in the woods someday, depending on nothing, but wholly on myself. They say that the burrows here are alive; the trenches of the long forgotten war are still fresh and deep; the bushes here weaves flowers of the ogres; the trees here talk and walk when the village clock struck 12 at midnight; the woods, they say, itself was alive, breathe the air of the force emitting from a land unknown and unseen, and drink from the brook that flows from nowhere and ends nowhere. The Woods I used to fear is the woods through which I am traveling alone now. Its not that I have become brave or some kind of tragedy befell on me, it’s the fascination in me that has been increasing day by day since the day I started dreaming of a lady in white with a long golden hair flowing unattended, yet haunting even the wind with its golden giggles. I then realized that even hairs can mesmerize you and haunt you for lifetime, not exactly lifetime. It has been 4 years since I have been dreaming of her, I never saw the face though, yet I have a wish to see her. When I told about my dream to a wanderer who always sits by the dirty path stretching its way to the woods, he laughed aloud which displeased me a lot! Yet I waited patiently till he was calmed down by himself awkwardly. There was only one answer I got from him and that’s ‘you’! I then left him in disgust and decided to explore the woods myself to see if that lady exists in this abandoned woods. So, its no surprise if my conscience does ask me why am I here? I am here following my dream, ignoring the blasphemies of the ash headed villagers. I quit the society, who cares the black, the brown and the white! Who cares! I am going; my dad is thinking of another marriage with a beautiful young lady, just 4 years my senior. I don’t know why my dad chooses to marry even after being married to my mother. It’s true I am being selfish for my maa died when I was still a child, but still I thought my dad was in love only with my mother, so isn’t he her soul mate? Isn’t he destined to meet her in heaven? But yes I forgot to remind myself that my dad is no more my dad, he is a changed man, and he is tempted with the flesh of those blooming enchanters. I am left out for I being his blood; having came out from the very own blood which used to be devoted, true and pure, but now he doesn’t own it and so, I am not his daughter anymore. And yes I am not an enchanter because I own a beauty that gleams at me only when I look back at the mirror to see those errors crafted on me innocently and unwillingly by myself. Hmmm…it was a long sleep last night, I am still feeling dizzy, my body seems floating lightly, and I feel like I am the lady in white with golden long hair, walking slowly and gracefully through the grassy path, all alone, humming by myself the song of the lonely woods. I am determined to find that lady today, I know I am not going back, but even I fail to realize why I am so determined today. It’s surprising though, still I am a little amazed by the way my whole body is reacting. I am feeling quite tired now, I am feeling very light though, still I feel like I am losing myself, I feel like going back home, but this unicorn gazes back at me from those wild bushes and it overwhelms me, I can see the gushes of those mischievous wind as if those were the sounds of the dwarf horses and I can hear a poor dying sound of giggles, which to me seems unearthly yet heavenly peaceful for my ears. I don’t know how much more distance I need to cover, I am becoming dreary. I can see something sparkling, o! O! They are the ripples, the ripples of the brook that starts from nowhere and ends nowhere! And what’s this? I am breathing something fresh and new! It’s a familiar fragrance, the last time I felt this inducing fragrance was the time when I had my abode in a fairy’s cave and when I came out from that cave I had the first taste of my mother’s milk. Yes this is the taste of life! But how can this fragrance be enchanting me now because my life is not new and fresh anymore, I am 20 yrs. Old. This fragrance is suppose to be felt at the time of the beginning of life and the next time it is felt is the time when death knocks at the door! But here I am still flesh and blood. How can I feel it or sense it? Let me look at myself in this clean and crystal clear brook. Who’s that gazing back at me? It can’t be me; it’s the lady with the golden hair! My hair flows gently, tickling me and making me giggle and I happen to see it now that my hair were not black anymore, it’s a heap of gold! And I am wearing a gown, so white that it is glowing in purity and undoubtedly, the woods is glowing too. Who am I?

• “I’ve heard that she has been in coma this last 4 years. It’s sad though that she died last night, yet she is freed from that useless and ailing body. It’s also a relief to her father who is getting older now, otherwise he always lamented at his only daughter’s condition. But, I’ve heard that he is going to marry a young lady of nearly his daughter’s age?”
• The old woman to whom the question was meant answered,” this young lady was never meant for this earth, it’s too cruel for her to face it. I am happy that she died and yes you heard it right my friend, her father is going to marry again.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. hmmmm... Not at all 'an another fairy tale'. you have done it differently dear. really different. The language is so simple. and so i like it that way. Be simple....

    ReplyDelete