Sunday, January 3, 2010

Lull me to Sleep Lull me to sleep, o Mother!
Sing me a lulaby, o Motther!
he'll come to me then and hurt me cruel
Love's shadow vanished long ago
For him, I am a mere mocking dual.

O Maa! wipe my tears and keep them as treasures
For they are pearls, priceless,hide them from traders.
O Maa! wipe my tears, they are turning red.
Blood coverth not my life alike, my soul's dead!

Help me maa, lull me to sleep into peaceful slumber
So that fairies take me off to heaven
To bathe me, my soul, with heaven's holy water
And cleaneth me for a life, new and fresh.

2 comments:

  1. Cant judge poetry my dear..... it will be very awkward. i am just a reader, and not a poetry commentator...........
    Still, i would like to say that I like your poem. I read it in 'The Melange' also and I am glad to see this in your blog.
    I am happy that you have created a blog for yourself and hope you keep posting your Poems...........
    Wishing you Successful Blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pori, being your first critic let me take this oppurtunity to congratulate you on this wonderful intitiative! Keep blogging.....cheers!

    ReplyDelete